Insane Angel

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Once again I have a gap of time to fill in. 6 months to brief you on.

I am actually 6 months pregnant...yes again... with my third child. I'm due in June, after my 32nd birthday. I'm still at the radio station, although not for much longer. I'll be taking my much needed maternity in a few months.

Lizzie and Mathew began living with us last October, Children's Aid took custody of them and placed them in our care, and now for the last month or so Karley has been living with us as well. Needless to say the house isn't quite big enough to hold us all... but we're trying.

Some days the kids are getting better. Other days I could rip my hair out in frustration. Lizzie can barely read and she's in grade 4, Mathew cannot read and he's in grade 3.

Needless to say we have our hands full. Raven doesn't seem to mind all the kids around. She gets crowded at times and says "Mommy I need a break" which usually means, "Can I stay over Nanny and Poppy's this weekend" , which to the delight of my parents, does happen.

Haley loves having all the people around. She is so social now. Laughing and jumping and running and playing.

Karley is the typical teenager. Full of piss and vinegar, rage for all around her and the world owes her a debt.

We're waiting to hear from a child psychologist for Mathew, and hopefully we can get him diagnosed with whatever is wrong with him. He shows distinct signs of ODD and CD, granted I'm not a psychologist. Lizzie also needs someone to talk to. She always needs to be the person who pleases everyone. She won't say something bad so she won't make the person feel bad. She needs someone neutral in all this to confide in.

Karley talks to me, more than most of the others which is good, but, she also needs to talk to someone who can give her advice in that neutral way. She's going to fail this year, her marks are all 30's and 40's. Mathew I think as well SHOULD fail, but schools these days are obsessed with pushing children through. How a 9 year old made it to grade 3 and he can't even recognize and read the word "dog" is beyond me. Poor kids. As much as I get so frustrated with the backtalk and the not listening and the constant "I hate You's" , it's not their fault. I just wish I knew where to even start with them.

I don't want Mathew to end up in jail. I don't want Karley to become another teen statistic, I don't want Lizzie trying to find a guy like her father because she needs his love that she never gets.

I haven't been sleeping. For the past 3 weeks I can't sleep, which is not good for a woman 6 months pregnant. None of this is. My god I dont need this stress. Neither does chris for that matter. None of us asked for this and that includes the children.

almost 6 months... I can't believe it's been that long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home