Insane Angel

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Saturday, October 22, 2005

*Knock Knock* Who's there?.......Opportunity.

Well the last few days have had they're ups and downs. I was in TV lab all week helping the second years with they're first major project. How a bunch of people can be so disrespectful and hateful to people who are trying to help and a lot of the time doing they're work for them, is beyond me. Now not all of them, there are 5 that are fantastic and I count myself lucky to know them... The rest can choke.

I will only give one example as this topic enrages me, fellow student and friend of mine stays after class for 8 extra hours to help these people with they're lighting. 8 hours of work he did by himself, while they sat in an adjacent room and watched him. He did not complain, he was not rude, this guy lives to please, he is a fantastic person, he was behind a prop in the back when they called him a retard. What is that now. Why would you do that to someone. Do you want to know they're reasoning? They are in 2nd year, we are in 1st. I don't care if your the queen, if you act like that you are an idiot.

Needless to say, I nearly put 3 people through a cement wall that day, but I did not. I will not burn my bridges. I have not gotten my credibility up enough, in a month when it is well known that they need me.... That's when I will rip off face and spontaneously combustion them with my mind. Until now I grind my teeth.

After that day I did seriously considering if this was the job for me. If this is what the people are like that I'll be working with, I can't do it. Then I realized the truth. They are only the minority. So I went into the class the next day and I felt better.

Yvonne then came up to me (my broadcast journalism prof). Can I talk to you she says, I say of course. After searching for an empty class room she tells me about this amazing opportunity.
The Pearson Peacekeeping Center in Digby (3 hours from Halifax Airport for those that don't know) is doing a sort of "war games" scenario. They need to teach our Canadian Peace Keepers how to deal with the media. Well myself and another student (Tom) were asked to represent our school as the first group of media. Tom and I are to be the news anchors, Dale and Donna are to be camera, and Paul is to be editor. None of us have ever done anything like this. This opportunity is unbelievable and of course I could not turn it down. I will have to leave for 9 days and I will be staying at the military base. My parents offered to watch Raven.

I am so excited about this. This will be my first piece of my portfolio. I'm already researching the base and the faculty. I don't want to go in there as a "first year". I want to wow them. I want them to look at us as what we are training to do.

The future of media.

Wish me luck guys. I will be busy the next few weeks, I have to keep up with my school work as well as this project, but I do know they have computers, so I will try to update from the base.

This is Crystal Mortimer with the CCKC News, have a great weekend Kentville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home