Insane Angel

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Thanksgiving and Cinefoil.

So I took a trip back to the Cape for Turkey Day. The best parts unfortunatley were the drive there and the drive back. Ok I'm being a little harsh, but let me explain. On the drive home it was me and raven and 3 classmates. Now I knew these guys were nice people, I didn't realize how great, funny, wonderful and silly they were.

Sarah we were to drop off at Truro, she lives in Amherst. She is sooo sarcastic in a hilarious way sometimes it great and she has these outbursts sometimes that she doesn't realize she says things out loud... hilarious. Tyler we were taking to Antigonish. He is a very curious person. He is the one who asks ALL the questions and most of the difficult ones that leave the professors going... huh? Alot of people have alot to say about him, mostly they think he's a know it all blah blha blah. He's such a cool guy. He sat back in that car and listened to everyone going on all crazy and laughed with us and we talked about everything. truly truly everything... quick think of something crazy to talk about.................yeah we talked about that. Jenn is from Cape Breton so we were in for the long haul and I don't think we took a breath the whole trip.. the were no gaps in our conversation, we talked about everything. It turns out that a lot of things that I have had to go through my young life and part of my adulthood, jenn is going through now, so it was so fantastic to talk to another person. When I was going through my ordeals, I always wished I had someone who understood, and I was that person for Jen, and it helped me as much as it helped her, shes all around a great person.

Raven was her usual charming little self in which the car immediatly fell in love with.
On a side note I came downstairs the other day to which I spied Raven dancing around the living room singing Wherever I may Roam by Metallica...... my baby girl kicks all your asses.

We got home, Mom was mom... at least she talked to me this trip. She was more focused on Raven as she usually is and the fact Adam was not there, needless to say I felt unnecessary as I usually do when I go home. I think the whole time home the only people that I felt actually wanted to see me was my dad, Chris' Mom, 2 of my best friends, April and Lisa, and yeah... thats it.

So I took Raven to her Nanny Joans on Saturday, she got to see Joan (scotts mom) and Rie (scotts nanny) Raven calls her Oma which is Dutch for grandmother, Rie is from Holland and it is less confusing for Raven. After that me and Raven went for a sleepover at Chris' Moms. I got to See Brenda and Chris; nieces and nephew. Raven and the kids had a blast. What a great bunch of kids. They tell people I'm they're Aunt, sometimes I wish I could steal them away and they could come and live with me and chris.

The next day I went home to mom yelling because I went to Chris' moms for the night, and to spite me she did all the preperation for the turkey dinner even though I made sure to be home at 8 am to do it beacuse I told her I would. She spent the rest fo the day in her room, and Dad was in the kitchen. So I spent all Sunday in the livingroom by myself... wo0t. I did get out for an hour to see Lisa and Joge, but them Mom called and wanted to go play the machines so I wasnt able to go see April and I had to go home.

The next day I planned on going over Aprils before I left but there was a heavy rainfall warning in Hali so we left early. I picked up Jenn in Sydney, picked up Tyler in Antigonish and we headed home. When we got back, we all went to Jungle Jims for food and when we went to leave... FLAT FUCKING TIRE. So in the spilling raven... and i mean spilling, Tyler and me got out, he changed the tire and I emptied the trunck to get the gear and I hobbled them home on my dummy tire.

I did get the tire fixed. Found out that one of my other tires on the other side had a screw in it as well, so they patched it... what the hell is wrong with this place and metal slabs and shit left on the street... FRIGGERS.

So that was my turkey day.

Rage Against The Cinefoil. That was my adventure yesterday.

We had to set up the newsdesk in our television production lab. So we got a little creative and wanted to do some things that hadn't been done in a while. So we got the elipsoid light (long light that looks like a bazooka) and put in a cinefoil... that is a little metal insert that will have a decal on it like the NSCC logo or a pumpkin for halloween that you can project onto a wall or something... we were going to put the nscc on the front of the news desk. Our prof was impressed with our enthusiesm so I was all excited, I mean this is it for me, I love being in tv production im a dork i cant help it, so the cinefoil was upsidedown in the elipsoid, so Cale passed it to me, I picked it up by the handle and for some reason... just for whatever reason didnt think it would be hot, it was only in the light for maybe 2 minutes... well I grabbed it to get the cinefoil out and I felt my 3 fingers burn and kinda melt... really weird feeling... so i dropped it and ran to the bathroom for copious amounts of cold running water. I ended up with a plastic bag filled with ice on my right hand for the rest of the lab. We finished it and it looks good, but I feel like a gimp. The first thing we are taught is to use our gloves and it didn't even cross my mind. Granted I learned the har was... but whatever I guess. I feel like I let my group down and my proff thinks I'm a moron.

Needless to say I was in alot of pain yesterday, but many hours with my hand in freezing water and I'm doing ok. I froze my hand so much that my fingers didn't blister and I'm feeling find today, my fingers are tendwer, but hey... I'm typing this with both hands so it's more than I thought I was going to be able to do yesterday.

So that has been my last few days. Chris and Adam are in Edmonton and they are hoping they will have another contract Monday, if not they may come home. I know they need to work, but I miss Chris so much.

This being an adult thing sucks sometimes... wheres my freakin blankie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home