Insane Angel

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Friday, May 28, 2004

Last Day At Work.

I'm sitting here on top of my desk looking around at everyone on my floor. I can't help but think about the last year here. My God, a year already.

It's funny, there are 2 mind types around here today; The ones that are going about today as any other day. Asking me the same questions about the same issues. I can't help but smile. As much as they sometimes annoy me with they're lack of ability to retain knowledge, I'm going to miss them. Type 2 are going on about what they are going to do on their last call tonight and who they're going to tell off. I'm going to miss them as well, generally they are the ones that make me laugh and joke around all the time.

It's weird. I have this sense of accomplishment and loss. I don't think alot realize it, but, if we all do get our jobs back, It'll never be like this again. I hope they all do well after here; the goofballs, the serious, the arseholes, and the timid ones. I can't help but wonder where everyone will be next year.

If you can't tell I'm in a contemplative mood. As I have been of late. Yesterday I had to go to Mabou Gardens to pick up my father from work. He called saying he was stuck at the office and to wait for him to get there, he arrived 55 minutes later. I thoroughly enjoyed myself actually. I just sat listening to my music, drinking my coffee, contemplating life and what it all means. The most prominent thing was watching all the people that would drive by. You get so caught up in life and what is happening to you, you forget that there are other people in it too, also going through things of they're own. I just found it....peaceful.

While I was "meditating" a song came on, and if any of you have never heard it I would have to say, "YOU LIE YOU CRAZY MONKEY!"
Learning To Fly - Tom Petty. If and I say IF, you have never heard it before, first slap yourself, then go and get it.

I leave you all with this;

Well I started out down a dirty r oad
Started out all alone
And the sun went down as I crossed the hill
The town lit up the world got still

I’m learning to fly but I ain’t got wings
Comin’ down is the hardest thing

Well the good old days may not return
And the rocks might melt, and the sea may burn

I’m learning to fly but I ain’t got wings
Comin’ down is the hardest thing

Well some say life will beat you down
Break your heart, steal your crown
So I started out for God kno ws where
But I guess I’ll know when I get there

I’m learning to fly around the clouds
But what goes up must come down

I’m learning to fly but I ain’t got wings
Comin’ down is the hardest thing
I’m learning to fly around the clouds
But what goes up must come down

I’m learning to fly
I’m learning to fly

1 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love that song buddy, I've got it on my playlist. I also know how you feel though. I've been here since the very first class was hired, when we all worked on folding tables in the basement. Damn I miss those days. I've taken my share of calls, helped people with theirs, and I can't help but feel that they're kinda like kids to me. I've had the unique honor of watching this place grow. Hell,I've watched many people grow from newbies to full grown tech support agents who no longer need my help and it makes me feel really really proud to have been part of this team. Best wishes to everyone.

    Morgan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home