Insane Angel

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Monday, April 05, 2004

There are many paths and challenges in life you must make. This I will say with tongue firmly in cheek though as it is. I'm not talking about a major life change, well.... hmmm. Ok I'm trying to quit smoking. Yes, laugh all you non-smokers, point at the crazy lady, shout with authority "aww poor muffin giving up her cancer sticks and making herself healthier!". To you I say only this, "Cram it with walnuts ugly!" How hard is this, my goodness too hard! TOO RIDICULOUSLY HARD!

I'm doing this not only for my own health but for my daughter as well, I don't want her having bad asthma or allergies because of my addiction. SO, I am trying trying trying to phase it out then stop, so hopefully I will be off the evil devil sticks in a day or two.

Funny facts I have found out about smoking since when you tell people you're quitting you know the "born again" non smokers are all sooo proud of you. Did you know that smoking is harder to quit than Heroine? Hmmmm, uhh...hmmmm. well...uhhh..no comment. Now all your clothes will stop stinking, to this I responded...I stink...and you didn't tell me? But all in all the best push to quit smoking was my daughter coming in the room while I was smoking with her face all scrunched up in that oh-so-cute way and flailing her arms at the smoke yelling. "PEEEYEW MOMMY"

Yep, from the mouths of babes, cigaretts are peeyew, and I agree....But...

After that wonderfull turkey dinner after thanksgiving when you are so full you could passout and you're sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee....smoke.
After that 11 hour day at work when everyone was asking you impossible questions and you heard about everyones business that you did not care to know about and you find out that all that VTO you were taking just bit you in the behind...smoke.

Tim Hortons....need I say more?

REGARDLESS. I am quitting smoking, no matter the fact that I was one of the ones that did enjoy smoking, I need to quit. For me, for my daughter, clean lungs I say! To taste again! To walking up the 4 flights of stairs to my cubicle without taking a stroke! HOORAY!

Now all I have to worry about is the Tar Ponds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home