Insane Angel

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Sunday, May 23, 2004

I Need To Move Out.

Really, really really really I need to move out. Not to say I don't appreciate everything my parents have done for me, the closness of me and my mother again is causing problems, as it did in the past. I've been told it's called the rooster in the hen house syndrome, as in there are too many.

Now the situation is this. I live in my parents basement apartment, I pay rent, I pay for my own food, even make them supper and if they want to go out while I am at work, I will pay for the babysitter to come in so they can. (they have been watching my daughter for me while I am at work) Sounds great right?

Last week on my day off, I asked if they would mind watching Raven for the evening so I could go out to Chris' and watch movies, if they didn't want to I said I would get a babysitter and it would be fine. No no no, my mother insisted, go out, you never get a chance to. So by 9 that night my mom was finished with the car and we headed into Chris'. We watched 2 movies and headed back to my place, we arrived at 1:15 to which my mother was still up with my daughter because aparently my 3 year old informed her she didn't want to go to bed and my mother didn't push the subject, then balled me out saying I had no business being out so late, I have obligations to my daughter, she is never babysitting for me ever again because I am ungrateful and taking advantage of her.

Hmmmmm. My response was "Fine mom, good night" and I walked with Raven downstairs.

Next run in. My mother has an extreme problem with Chris staying with me so much. She is hardcore Catholic. Not saying there is anything wrong with that , but, she believes that him being there is morally wrong, I'm subjecting my daughter to this so I'm a bad mother, she has threatened to raise my rent, kick me out, blah blah blah. This is what I'm going through on a daily basis. Of course Chris knows about this because I've told him, ad his response is to stop staying with me, he hates it when my mother yells at me all the time. I told him that's foolish, it's none of her concern, I AM an Adult. Am I wrong? Am I possibly looking at this ascued?

I believe my mother is the most upset because I am still technically married. Me and my husband have been separated for almost a year now, and I have already told him I want a divorce. When I went to my mother about this she told me I had a moral obligation to my child and husband becuase I promised to be with him, I had to stay in my marriage even if I was unhappy because of my child because that is what she did.

THAT IS THE EXACT REASON I DON'T WANT TO CONTINUE IT.

Never do I want y daughter to find out that both parents are misserable and wasted their lives in misery because of them. Trust me.... it doesn't feel nice.

I was so confused when I moved home last year. So unsure of so many things. I have come to many conclusions. I am happy with myself and my decisions. I know I did the right thing. My daughter is the most important thing in my life, and I am deeply in love with the man I'm with now.

Having this much drama in my house as of late is just exhausting for me. So that is why I truly think the best thing is to move out.

Any comments guys, insight, anything would be truly appreciated. Here's the poll: Am I insane...or is my mom insane?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home