Insane Angel

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Are you threatening me Master Jedi?

Being a Star Wars geek myself I felt it very necessary to be in the line up last night for the first showing of the movie at 12:01 am. Worth every agonizing second of being in line with kids that were born around the time the Matrix came out. Damn Halifax pretensious, and I apologize to anyone from Halifax but it's true.

There were 4 fedoras in the lineup... sigh .. all be it for me to make fun of someone's head gear, but I digress. I am not here today to poke at the little people I am here to exclaim very loudly in caps lock...

THE MOVIE WAS FRIGGIN GREAT, FANTASTICAL AND WORTHY OF GOLD BITS AND ALL GOOD THINGS THAT I CAN THINK OF, I HAVENT HAD MY COFFEE YET, BUT IT WAS GREAT.

I may go on without knowledge of what I'm saying for a bit so if you haven't seen the greatness that is Star Wars Episode III, here is my disclaimer... SPOILER ALERT.

Even the most prickish of critics are giving this film great reviews, although today they are picking apart the dialogue. Hello... Lucas is an editor and Director, he has admitted himself he is no writer. Why does some of the dialogue seem campy? Cause it's suppose to be yah tard.

As soon as it starts you're in the middle of the war, there is not time to ponder what happened in the last movie, you're there and there's explosions and the wooshing and the *peeew peeew* of the lasers and the fun.

The movie sums up the span of approximately 10 months and in that time frame is when you see Anakin go to Vader which is friggin flawless. Wonderful acting, great effects, homages to A New Hope, just beautiful.

The very last seen actually brought a tear to my eye and a nod of approval. Owen, Veru and a new born Luke, standing in the sunset on Tatooine in the same place you see an older Luke staning in A New Hope. If you haven't seen this you have to see it in the big screen. A requirement by Star Wars Law. You owe this to yourself.

I admit and have no quams with my dorkism and my going ons about this may be lame to some, but this was a phenomenon for me. Anyway go see the movie and leave me alone :P

Next on my check list for this year: Batman Begins , War of the Worlds, Goblet of Fire and for Xmas...... NARNIA BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Thus ends my rant.

Star wars..wooooooooooooo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home